Sunday, August 8, 2010

Southwest Tilapia

Here's a recipe found in "Taste of Home" by my friend Carrie. I never quite know what to do with fish (expect bake or grill it), so this sounds interesting to me. Plus...I just happen to have some tilapia in the freezer and tomatoes in my garden...and if you know me, garlic is my middle name...lol!

Southwest Tilapia
1 small onion chopped
1 small green pepper chopped
2 tsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 (15 oz.) can of tomato sauce
2 med. tomatoes, chopped
1 (2 1/4 oz.) can of sliced black olives
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1/8 tsp. pepper
4 tilapia fillets
In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in olove oil until tender. Add garlic, saute 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, olives, cumin, pepper sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
Add fillets. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-14 minutes (turning once) or until fish flakes easily with fork.

1 comment: