Saturday, August 21, 2010

Too Much Chocolate Cake

I love Facebook!! About a year ago, my brother sent me a text and asked me if I remembered Dawn, a fellow student at a junior college we all attended. I hadn't heard her name in YEARS! Through Facebook, we have reconnected. Turns out that she still lives near my hometown and is related, through marriage, to one of my former students. Anyway...this recipe is from Dawn. I thought it sounded like another hit with our chocolate lovers. Thanks Dawn!!!

Too Much Chocolate Cake

1 (18.25 oz) pkg Devil’s Food Cake Mix

1 c Vegetable oil

1 (5.9 oz) pkg instant chocolate pudding

4 eggs

1 c sour cream

½ c warm water

2 c semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the cake & pudding mix, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a WELL greased 12 cup bundt pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an 1 ½ hours before inverting onto a plate. If desired dust the cake with powdered sugar.

****To make it better, I melt a stick of butter & another pkg of chocolate, semi-sweet or whatever kind you like morsels & drizzle over the top of the cake! All the calories are taken out!!! No guilt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment